About the Blog
My Not So Real Life was started in April 2012. I finally began it after being a part of a group blog for several months. I review Young Adult books, with dystopia being my primary genre, since that’s what I enjoy reading the most!
Hello! My name is Aneeqah, and I’m a teen who’s in love with reading. A few years ago, I was introduced to Goodreads by the amazing Kathy over at The Brain Lair. That’s when I fell in love with reading. I’ve been reading books ever since I was little, but Goodreads was what inspired me to take my reading to the next level.
After being on Goodreads for a few months, I was invited, by once again, Kathy at The Brain Lair, to blog over on her blog. I thought this was a fabulous idea! Young adult is for teens, right? So teens should have something to say about it! And that’s still my mission now. I want teens to have a say in the YA book world, since that’s who YA book are targeted for. So, with that goal in mind, I accepted her invitation with glee, and I began blogging.
In short, I fell in love with it. I discovered a whole new community of people who were purely dedicated to books. It’s still surreal for me. So many people with one goal: to read and talk about books. And those are the two things I love doing best!
I learned so many important things from that. I’ve found some amazing blogs, and made some great friends. After some encouragement, I decided to start my own blog. I’m not saying that I think it’s going to be easy- I know better than that now. But I know it’s going to be lots of fun. So here it goes.
As always, thank you to Kathy. You started my love of reading, and helped it grow.
Some facts about me:
- Besides reading, I love to swim, be with my family, graphic design [I designed my own blog design!], and bake.
- I am very opinionated. I say things like they are, and am not afraid to tell people what I honestly thought of a book [although I never bash on authors].
- I’ve always loved to write, ever since I was little. My parents have a huge pile of poems that I wrote for them when I was younger.
- I like to be organized. I’m a very neat person because of this. =)
- I moved to Texas about one year ago. I miss all my friends, but am loving all the book signings!
- I’m an extremely lazy person, which surprises some people [just because I get good grades doesn’t mean I’m perfect!]. I’m always putting things off until the last possible second.
If you would like to know anything more about me, or just chat with me, then please feel free to shoot me an email or Tweet me!