Welcome back to this week’s episode of A Novel Chat!
We’re incredibly excited to be talking about one of the more recent trends in YA right now: duologies. It seems like every series these days has been reduced to just two books, and so we wanted to talk out our thoughts here on ANC. We start off talking about our general feelings about duologies and the trend that’s been on the rise. Willa and Emily seem to more fans of companion novels than straight up series, which is interesting to hash out. After, we dive straight into the books, and bring up a wide array of duologies. Some have been complete for years, others more current, and then some that haven’t been published yet (we’re looking at you, Blood for Blood).
And now what you’ve been waiting for the most… the book list! Remember, we do have all of these compiled for you on a Goodreads shelf as well, for your viewing pleasure.
The Book List
(I have included the series titles + links, and the first books + link of the duologies below!)
- The Dark Passages Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick
- Book #1: White Space
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty
- Book #1: Bumped
- Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
- Book #1: Not A Drop to Drink
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Book #1: If I Stay
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Gaudin
- Book #1: Wolf by Wolf
- Anna by Kendare Blake
- Book #1: Anna Dressed in Blood
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Book #1: The Wrath and the Dawn
- Spoiled by Heather Cocks
- Book #1: Spoiled
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
- Book #1: The Orphan Queen
As always, feel free to contact us on Twitter @ANovelChat or talk to us via email on email@example.com. We always want to hear your thoughts!